Sunday, January 17, 2010

New Website in the Works

So, for my next order of business, I decided to start revamping my website. Right now, it's about to have it's second birthday. Two years. Crazy to think that it's been almost two years since I graduated. So anyway, it's been collecting cobwebs and definitely needs some sweeping, so here's some pics of the re-design:

It's surprising how creepy it feels to see my face in the first pic. Haha. So, as you can see, simplicity is the word of the day. Not simple as in crappy-looking simple, but simple as in not having all kinds of fancy motion with five million colors all over the place. I hate going to websites and having them take twenty seconds to load some ridiculous flash animation, just to get to the next page. Since this is meant mainly for future employers to look at, I want it to be extremely easy for them to navigate and find what they want. Also, I think that having your contact info at the top of each page makes their job easier as well. They don't have to hunt down the right page just to contact you if they like what they see. This is by no means done, as I still need some backing from friends that it's looking good, which is partially why I posted this in the first place.

In other news, Jake and I had our conceptual talk over the desert environment. We now know the basic layout and premise of the project, and over the next few weeks, a 3D sketch and some 2D sketches will be posted periodically. Jake will do the 3D sketch in Hammer (Valve's level editor), and then we'll pass it off to Joe to sketch from. Once again, it all depends on how everyone's schedules go over the next few weeks.

Finally, the Global Game Jam is coming up next week. I'm taking a week off to visit Joe in Rochester, and then we're going to Chicago. I'm participating in the Jam of course, and he's gonna work on a tasty script. I'll definitely have some pics to post on my facebook. Stay tuned for that.

No comments: