Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Another milestone done, another day.

There's not really a lot visually to show this update, but it IS a big step in the right direction. As I said in earlier posts, I've had some time to kill while waiting for the desert project to get rolling, so I finished the Chernobyl and laser rifle projects. Now, I've finished making decisions on how to present each project in the demo reel, as well as determining camera movement and capturing video. So in a nutshell, I have all my raw footage and stills, and I'm ready to import them into a nonlinear editing package to finish for good. I'm still a little on the fence about this, but I think I want to wait until the desert is done to actually start editing. Reworking the website is also something that I've been thinking about getting back into. I think that both things go hand in hand though, as I want them to have a similar look and feel. In any case, here's a breakdown of the shots for the reel thus far:

Chernobyl
1) Fade in as camera pans out to show a full view of the scene.
2) Still image of wireframe view
3) Still image of color map view
4) Still image of color/normal map view.
5) Still image of final view, which now includes specular map.
6) Camera pans from left of scene to right and fades out.

Laser Rifle
1) Shot of Jake's concept drawing fades in and out.

*The camera stays still in each following shot as rifle does a 360 rotation. Each shot has it rotate around once.*

2) Fade in to view final shot
3) Wireframe view
4) Color map view
5) Normal map view
6) Specular view, which is once again the final shot at this point.

What I DO have to show is the wireframe shot of Chernobyl. Since unreal editor does a crappy job of capturing stills in the viewport, I had to do some cleanup of the black lines in Photoshop.

And that's all for now. In a week or two, expect to see something on the desert. I am out.

No comments: