Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Desert Sessions, PT. 2

I figured I would post some process on the modeling of the desert. I've been modeling like a fiend as of late, mainly due to the fact that I quit one of my jobs. It's amazing how much more time I have on my hands to do the stuff I actually enjoy doing, and it shows. So, the props you see below are mainly just things that I've been thinking about that you would find in the "straggler's" living space. No conceptual drawings or paintings are needed, they're just things that I know I'll have regardless of anything. Speaking of concept drawings and such, I'm still waiting on stuff in that department to start up, which will hopefully be soon. It's hard for me to tell. I will say that a new person is aboard now, one that actually does conceptualization as a soon-to-be living, so it's exciting to have him aboard. Joe is still tentative at this point, and Jake seems to have done his part which was a big help. So, nothing else really to talk about. I'm just gonna keep modeling until I'm happy with the amount of props I have. Then, I'll get my hands dirty with some texturing. Enjoy the pics.

**BONUS**

Some trees I made in Speedtree, the awe-inspiring tree generator I love so much. The textures for the bark and leaves are just placeholders:

No comments: