Saturday, April 25, 2015

C-C-C-C-C-C-Combo Post!

Well, it appears that there's been yet another lull in posts. That's okay, because life has been good at the ol' Iron Galaxy. We've been working extra hard over the past year to get Killer Instinct: Season 2 out to the masses, month by month. I've really enjoyed my time there, as they've been extremely welcoming to me. But now, it looks like it's time for us to part ways. My contract ends in a week. So over the past month I've gotten back into portfolio mode and started polishing my best stuff for the internet's eyeballs. I could have gone balls to the wall and posted a TON of stuff, as there's plenty that I'm proud of. But, I have a lot of other stuff I want to work on. So I went for just a few of my favorite pieces. The props shown individually are 100% me, but the environments aren't, as you'll see. They are the combined efforts of several talented artists, and it was a blast to work with them. And now, without further adieu:
















As always, you can also view them along with my other stuff at www.ryansanderson.com

So now, it's time for a job search! I've got some potential leads lined up, and I'll know where I'm gonna end up pretty soon. While that's going on, I'll be polishing up my work on Mortal Kombat X and posting it here eventually. After that, I would really like to get my feet wet with Unreal Engine 4. Sooooooooo pretty....

On a side note, I've been getting some pretty sweet love on the Earthbound project. Many encouraging words in the Youtube comments, including people wanting me to do another level from the game. It's very tempting, but I kind of have the itch to do something grounded in realism right now. Anyway, you can check it out here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07vrPZKF8hY It's got over 3,000 views! Nothing amazing obviously, but it's a start. :)

Well, that's all I've got for now. Next time you hear from me will probably be during the summer. Hopefully, with more stuff to show off.......

No comments: