Sunday, February 9, 2014

"That's my real job you know...I'm a billboard guy."

Reeeeeal quick update. It's getting so close...... :)



I'm thinking this whole thing will be done by next weekend. I'm not going to bother posting any progress pics, because I want there to be more of a surprise when it hits. Basically, I just finished the effects work for it, and did another lighting pass. There's steam, and smoke, and flame, and rain, and snow, and all sorts of cool stuff for the children. 

The main changes for the lighting pass were with overall color scheme. For both the day and nighttime scenes, they were looking a little boring. Just plain ol" white lights with just a tad of orange thrown in. So I exaggerated warm and cool colors when I needed to get a more specific emotion or reaction from the viewer. And lastly, I toned down how dark the non-lit areas are in the night scene. So just an extra day to get the lighting to a better level. I mainly played Ocarina of Time while I waited for my lighting bakes, so it was actually quite relaxing. :D 

And now, I get all of the functionality for the camera fly-through working. Animating cameras, spawning/killing particles, moving objects, all kinds of fun.

The final to do list!

1) Scene setup for camera fly through, and capturing video.
2)Editing video and taking screen grabs.
3) Getting it all up on my website. (forgot to mention this before, but it goes without saying. Oh girlfriend web designer, don't fail me now!)

No comments: