Friday, June 17, 2011

Fresh, normal baked goodness

Finally, I can now say that the normal mapping is done. It's most likely gonna be the vast majority of time for the project in the long run, so it's a relief to have it finished. Though I will say that diffuse mapping is gonna be pretty time consuming as well. It's funny to think that when I first started out on this project, I thought it would take significantly less time than the desert. Silly me. If you really look at it, I really have around 70 props to make total, which rivals that of Desert Straggler. Over ambitious much? Well anyway, here's some pics. UV layouts, textures, in-game normals. It's all here. I decided to split the bike into three separate props for importing into unreal. The front of the bike, the back, and the sidecar. The images for each are 2048 x 2048, which is barely enough resolution to cover all the details found in the normal maps. Not bad I must say, considering the sheer mass of parts it has.






Bike front:





Bike back:





Sidecar:




Now it's about time I dust off all these paint brushes.

No comments: