Tuesday, August 4, 2009

New things in the mix

Hello all, I have some great news for you! I've on board for a new project that I'm very excited about. Barely any of you have seen this I bet, but I'll be contributing some content for a machinima entitled "Civil Protection". For those of you who don't know what a machinima is, it's basically when someone takes an existing video game's tools and content to make their own original movies. Ross Scott is the guy that creates Civil Protection as well as another machinima, "Freeman's Mind". His stuff is extremely funny, so I recommend that you check it out if you like anything associated with Half Life. He's at: www.accursedfarms.com. I think one of his videos got 500,000 hits on youtube, so my stuff will be seen by alot of people. Very cool.

So what am I contributing? I can't get into specifics until it's out, but I'll be contributing custom models as well as some custom character skins. Skins are basically the textures used for characters and models within the game engine. I'm not entirely sure when it'll be out, but let's just say that he's stepping up his game for this one, so who knows. I'll definitely let you know when it's nearing completion.

And what about Chernobyl? It won't take long to shell out the stuff for Civil Protection, and so I'll get back on track with it soon enough. I've got the base coloring for the textures done, and the normal maps for the models and environment have been planned out.I've learned a great deal about Zbrush 3, which has taken up the most time overall over the past month. There's still more to learn, but I can operate it on a level necessary to get stuff done for this project. Once I get my new 3 GB of ram installed, zbrush will be purring quite nice, as well as maya and photoshop.

No comments: